Monday, February 16, 2015

Stella never told me she was going for ‘tummy work’, I didn’t use her for sacrifice – Obasanjo


Former President, Olusegun Obasanjo has broken silence on how his late wife, Stella died.

Recall that the ex-First Lady died on 23 October, 2005, in a botched tummy tuck – elective liposuction – procedure in Spain.

The surgery was scheduled towards the commemoration of her 60th birthday.

 However, the former Head of State disclosed that his late wife never told him he was going for ‘tummy work’.

Baba, as he’s fondly called made this shocking revelation in his controversial autobiography entitled ‘My Watch’, which was released on 8 December, 2014.

Obasanjo wrote thus, “After the internment, I decided to look into the circumstances of her death.

“I found that part of her 60th birthday anniversary, which was unknown to me, was her operation for her tummy and her shape.”

 Reacting to the rumour that Stella’s death may have been a “sacrifice” he carried out for success in his job, the former president said: “Before the verdict in Spain, I was unaware of what I came to hear later that I might have caused the death of my wife to sacrifice her for success in my job.

“That is how wicked and satanic some Nigerians can be in their rumours and mischief.

“I instructed that the doctor and the clinic be prosecuted,” he said.

“The lost life cannot be brought back but the successful prosecution would prevent carelessness and loss of life in the future.”

The doctor, according to the former president, was made to pay damages, which was collected by Olu Obasanjo, Stella’s son, and his licence withdrawn for a period of time. dailypost

No comments:

Post a Comment