Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Why they are fighting me – Imo DG. Agbaso

Imo State DG. Jude Agbaso


The embattled Deputy Governor of Imo State Sir Jude Agbaso last Saturday told a cross section of journalists that his recent trials and tribulation is as a result of 2015 permutations.

He maintained that there is a subsisting agreement between his Elder Brother Chief Martin Agbaso and Owelle
Rochas Okorocha to hand-over Government to the people of Owerri zone in 2015, pointing out that he is caught in the web within these powerful political players in the state.

According to Sir Agbaso who said that his relationship with Governor Okorocha has been cordial and amiable; “I think this whole thing stems from various players permutations as to the situation in 2015. “I have heard stories about the speculation of who runs in 2015. I know that there is a subsisting agreement which is in public domain in Imo State between my Elder Brother who happen to be a politician and Governor Owelle Rochas Okorocha to hand over Government to the people of Owerri zone by 2015. I'm caught in the web within these two powerful political players in the state.

I think sooner or later the truth will emerge”

On the issue of his purported resignation, Sir Agbaso said that he has no intention whatsoever to resign, stressing that Imo people freely and massively gave him the mandate.

He said; “ordinarily I wouldn't have granted this interview but at this point, it has become absolutely necessary that I speak to the people of Imo State who freely gave me their mandates that ushered me in as the Deputy Governor of Imo State I owe them a duty at this point in time in the history of our state, giving what is going on, to let them know what has actually transpired. I put it on record and very categorically that at no point in time have I contemplated, ever resigning as the Deputy Governor of Imo State. As I stated earlier, the mandate was freely and massively given to me by the people of Imo State who I still own duties today.

So, I never resigned and I do not intend to resign and I will continue to serve the people of Imo State as long as their mandates subsists”.

Sir Agbaso insisted that; “I want also to use this opportunity to state in a very clear terms that at no point in time, did I demand N458 million or any sum of money from any contractor whatsoever in Imo State.

And at no time did the contractor, Joseph Dina of JPROS paid me cumulative sum of N450 million as alleged by him”.

He further said that; “JPROS is the contractor handling the present day Sam Mbakwe road and before the construction of the road, I never knew the owners of the construction company or major holders of the company, JPROS was a company introduced to the state by the Governor who issued and gave the permission of a contract of the magnitude of N1.5 billion. The Commissioner for Finance instead of routing the money through the ministry of works for the necessary due process documentation rather through the Accountant-General and paid directly to the contractor. So at no point did I give the approval for the payment of the money, at no point did I communicate the approval for the payment of the money, at no point did I pay the money to the contractor so why would this contractor, pay me N458 million in anticipation of jobs that I will offer him in the Local Governments.

Sir Agbaso argued that; “A commissioner in the ministry of Works never issue jobs in the Local Government, the Chairmen of the councils issued the jobs, I never issued till date one single contract in any Local Government, so how could this contractor pay me in anticipation of something I wasn't in a position to give. I state here categorically that at no point did I convey to Joseph Dina via SMS to pay me into any account, to any bank, any sum of money whatever so his story is intended to malign my person”.

Sir Agbaso however charged the security agencies to look into the said bank account where the money was paid into and trace the actual owner, adding that N450 million can not vanish into thin air.

Sir Jude Agbaso who was almost moved to tears said; “My dear people of Imo State, I state here once more that I never asked for this money, never received this money and could not have anything to do with this money”.

He stressed that he has not been served any impeachment notice, pointing out that he is in the process of taking a legal action against Joseph Dina.

Speaking on the issue of APGA and APC, Sir Agbaso argued that; “I was elected on the platform of APGA, APC is in the future, we haven't gotten there, when it becomes a party, we will know who is in APC and who is not. Source: nigeriahornnewspapers 
You may also likeImo-assembly-to-impeach-deputy-gov-over.html

No comments:

Post a Comment