Sunday, May 24, 2015

My boyfriend refuses to discuss marriage or children

relationship

We are in our 30s and have been together five years. I don’t want to waste my childbearing years with him if he doesn’t want marriage and kids. What do I do?

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost five years. I am 31 and he is 33. Two years ago, we bought our first house. We are happy for the most part, and I generally feel secure in our relationship. But I am starting to wonder if we will ever marry or have children, something I want in the next few years. When I ask, he says he doesn’t know and “doesn’t think about the future”. I think, at 33, he should know what he wants from life. I don’t want to waste my childbearing years with him if he ultimately doesn’t want the same thing, but he won’t even talk about it. I have got very frustrated and even left him for a few days, but it made things worse. What should I do? theguardian

No comments:

Post a Comment