Thursday, November 27, 2014

I Have Passion To Serve Ndi Imo -Anumudu

Barrister Humphrey Anumudu
A leading governorship aspirant in Imo State on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Chief (Barr) Humphrey Anumudu, has said that his consistent struggle for the governorship seat was borne out of passion to serve the State. Imotrumpeta reports.

 Barr Anumudu, who stated this in a Hot FM Spot-light programme recently, said that he saw that things were not going on well in the administration of Imo State, and regretted that since 1998 he declared his interest to governor the State, nobody has done those things he wanted to do for the overall development of the State.

“I have been in the race since 1998 because I have passion to serve Imo State. It was borne out of passion to serve. Again, since that time, nobody has done those things I intend to do for the development of the State”.

On why he chose to keep quite after every election, the guber aspirant averred, “it is very clear that I am a businessman. After declaring somebody a winner by an electoral body, I have to go back to my business to enable the person do his best. It is only fair to allow the person who emerged to do his business. Moreover, I don’t want the governor to serve me with the money meant for the service of the people of the State or the money meant for the development of the State. I don’t want that. I want development in the State, that is why I am interested in the governorship seat. In all, I entered politics to serve, and not to be served”.

The guber aspirant, who stated that he doesn’t get angry each time he tried and failed, said “I believe I should get the governorship ticket, because I am the most qualified. I have a good relationship with every member of the party, including all the aspirants, and I am a perfect party loyalist. This is the ordained time. I am going to win the 2015 governorship election”.

Assuring the people of the State of his intention to effect positive changes, Barr Anumudu said “I have a policy to introduce called ‘Uba Zue Imo’. I will through the policy, create employments for the youths, empower the youths and women of the State, strengthen the free education policy of the government, effect rural development, and as well, industrialize the State”.

Reacting on the rumour making the rounds, that the PDP will stop the free education policy of the State government if it reclaims power in 2015, the frontline aspirant opined, “it is a pure blackmail. The federal government that introduced a free education from primary to secondary schools is a PDP government. In Imo State, education is our industry, nobody will tamper with it. We will rather strengthen it to an enviable height. Both the private and mission schools in the State will be supported with yearly or periodic subvention. Every Imo indigene in any of the tertiary institutions will be entitled to bursary allowance. I will equally create a conducive environment for teaching and learning in our schools”.
 Chief Anumudu, after congratulating those that emerged as ward delegates, enjoined them not to emphasize on their personal interests, saying that they should consider the plight of the people of their various wards by voting wisely, and assured that he will not disappoint the confidence reposed in him if elected a governor in 2015. Source: Imotrumpeta

No comments:

Post a Comment