Monday, March 17, 2014

“Your Picture is Not From Any Nollywood Movie”, Critics Tell Biola Ige

biola ige


I was going to remain silent on the photo being displayed on the internet, however I realised that I need to set the record straight for my family, friends and fans who I love and respect. The photo in question was taken from the set of of a movie called ‘Pregnant Hawkers’ in which I played a hawker who was in a romantic situation with a man.

Efforts by Nollywood actress, Biola Ige to clear the air by claiming the picture of her and actor, Muna Ibekwe in an amorous position is from a movie shot two years ago has been countered by people who claimed the actress was making up tales to defend herself.

 Biola who released a statement that reads ‘ This movie was shot and aired two ears ago. The photo circulating on the internet right now is the photo from a scene in the movie and nothing more. If you watch the movie you will see that there is nothing to this movie other than the fact that I was playing a role. I am an actress, it is a profession that I love and will continue to to enjoy. I am required to play all sorts of roles. In each role I step oput of being Biola Ige and go straight into the character.




Whoever is maliciously leaking this photo to make it appear to be something else has simply given me some great publicity. Thank you. I have been through a lot of difficult things this ear with the loss of my mum and a brief illness, that a simple photo from a movie scene from 2 years ago is the least of my worries. I have no further comments regarding this act to hurt my character. I look forward to acting more movies and playing more roles to entertain you. Thank you all for reading’.

A Nollywood actress who spoke with Streetjournal under the condition of anonymity claimed Biola’s explanation was flimsy. The actress demanded that she produces the movie and show everyone the scene where the picture was taken from.

 The actress alleged that Biola and Muna Ibekwe were having an affair and someone got hold of the illicit picture which Biola was claiming she shot from a movie.

 Another actor who said he doesn’t want to have anything to do with the scandal said the picture was actually taken for a purpose which was aborted by the unusual attention it raised.

 The actor argued that if it was from a movie scene shot two years ago that it must have arrested he attention it was just getting now.
Biola Ige was said to have alleged that a colleague, Ruth Eze as the brain behind the spread of the picture on the internet.
She was said to have threatened to take necessary actions when the time demands. source: thestreetjournal

No comments:

Post a Comment